GENERAL PURPOSE: The Charge Master Coordinator is responsible for maintaining the integrity of the charge master.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Maintains the hospital charge master and provides back up for the charge auditor position. Requires walking, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting, reaching, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, repetitive motions, talking, listening and visual acuity.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Approval management and system entry of Add/Edit/Deletion of charges to the charge master.
2. Charge Master annual pricing update
3. Maintains and distributes Long Term Care room rate letters
4. Administer and maintain CDM uploads to 3rd party software
5. Maintains Charge sheets
6. Reviews accounts submitted for adjustment to ensure accuracy
7. Charge Audit backup
8. Keys adjustments (write offs) into hospital system
9. Submits adjustment journal to PFS Director for sign off
10. All other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Must have knowledge of medical terminology, CPT, HCPCS and BCH charge number naming convention
1. Working knowledge of the chargemaster
2. Strong aptitude to learn and adapt to new computer software
3. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, showing initiative and being a self-starter
4. Working knowledge of payor contractual obligations, governing body regulation, laws and guidelines with regards to the chargemaster.
5. Proficient in Healthland and MS Office
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
1. High School Graduate or Equivalent
2. Must have a minimum of two years experience in a hospital or medical billing office.