GENERAL PURPOSE: Directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination, and evaluation of the Human Resources function.
The ability to knowledgeably read and write. The ability to communicate effectively with management and personnel. A working knowledge of current Human Resource laws, policies and regulations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Reviews and makes recommendations to Admin Council for improvement of policies, procedures, and practices on personnel matters.
2. Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and insures compliance.
3. Responsible for compliance with Federal and State legislation pertaining to all personnel matters.
4. Communicates changes in personnel policies and procedures and insure proper compliance is followed.
5. Makes recommendations to CEO in the review and administration of wage and salary program.
6. Consults with legal counsel as appropriate, and/or as directed by the CEO on personnel matters.
7. Works directly with department managers to assist them in personnel matters and approves final documentation.
8. Develops and maintains a human resources system that meets personnel information needs.
9. Supervises the staff of the Human Resources Department.
10. Recruits and makes job offers.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Ability to read, analyze and interpret financial reports and legal documents.
2. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints.
3. Ability to effectively present information to management and board of directors.
4. Experience with word, excel, ADP HR system and employee injury reporting systems.
5. A minimum of two (2) years Human Resources Management experience, preferably in a hospital setting.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: BA or equivalent in a related field or a minimum of two (2) years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.