Boulder City Hospital’s laboratory is accredited by the College of American Pathologists (CAP). We want to make your visit as pleasant as possible. If your procedure includes waiting time, consider bringing your favorite magazine, book or personal music device to help you pass the time. To request copies of your studies, call (702) 293-4111 and ask for the medical records department.
Boulder City Hospital’s Clinical Laboratory offers state of the art services to both in-patient and out-patients. Trained and certified Medical Technologists with years of experience are available from 7:30 AM to 5:00 PM for Outpatients, 7 days per week and 24/7 for your emergency needs.
Modern equipment and technology ensures your medical information is accurate and secure, and that your lab results are expeditiously shared with your healthcare provider.
Services offered include:
- Transfusion Services
- Chemistry – Comprehensive and Basic Metabolic Panels, Lipid Panel, Liver and Kidney Panels, Cardiac Enzymes (Trop-I and CKMB), Anemia Tests (Iron/TIBC, Ferritin, Folate, and Vit B12).
- Coagulation Tests – PT/INR, APTT, D-dimer
- Hematology – CBC, ESR
- Thyroid Tests – TSH, T4, FT4
- PSA Screen
- Blood Gas Analysis – Arterial and venous, Carbon Monoxide (CarboxyHb)
- Serology Tests – Rheumatoid Factor, Infectious Mononucleosis
- Pregnancy Test
- Rapid Flu A and B
- Rapid Strep Screen
- Urinalysis Complete
- Occult Blood test – IFOB (Immunochemical Fecal Occult Blood)
Fasting – (nothing to eat for a specified period of time, usually 8-12 hours)
- Drinking water and being well hydrated makes it easier to obtain a blood sample.
- Scheduling your appointment in the morning will make fasting less worrisome.
- It’s important to follow your health care provider’s fasting instructions in order for results to be accurate.
- Tests that typically require fasting include lipid panels and glucose.
Manager: Remy Bateau, MT (ASCP)
Contact: (702) 293-4111 x 552