Consistent with community efforts around social distancing to limit the exposure to individuals who may have contracted COVID-19 but are at that time asymptomatic, Boulder City Hospital has revised our Visitation Policies to help protect our patients, staff. Providers and their loved ones.
The following is in effect as of Friday, November 19, 2021, until further notice:
- Inpatient Areas: One visitor at a time is permitted in private patient rooms from 1:00pm until 8:00 pm. No visitors are permitted in semi-private rooms. Visitors must be escorted to the room and back out and must remain in the room during the entire visit. Visitors may not congregate in the lobby, cafeteria, or other community areas. Multiple visitors within the same group must remain outside the hospital.
- Emergency Department: No visitors are permitted at this time except for one parent for a minor being seen or a caregiver that has knowledge related to why the patient is being seen when they are not able to communicate this on their own (e.g., Dementia, altered mental status, intellectually disabled).
- Outpatient Surgery/Procedures: One person may accompany the patient to check in but, once the patient is taken to pre-op, family and visitors will be asked to return home and that staff will call once completed. If the patient is a minor child one parent will be asked to stay.
- Certain compassionate care/end-of-life/legal situations: One screened negative visitor is permitted.
- Patients with physical, intellectual, and/or developmental disabilities or cognitive impairments: One screened negative support person is allowed to be with the patient when medically necessary.
- Visitors are limited to a specific room only.
- Visitors must be 18 or older and provide the room number or name of the person they plan to visit.
- Everyone must bring and wear a mask before entering the hospital and must undergo a temperature check and screening.
*Visitation guidelines are subject to change
Boulder City Hospital recognizes the therapeutic benefits a patient receives when visited by loved ones. For many, this includes the family pet. Boulder City Hospital is happy to accommodate a patient’s family pet so long as the following criteria are met:
- The Patient wishes for the animal to visit
- A current shot/vaccine record is on file with the Hospital
- Visit is during regular Visiting Hours
- Exotic pets or pets which cannot be immunized (i.e. birds, reptiles) are not allowed.