About Us

Quality Care Close to Home

Boulder City Hospital is an acute care critical access hospital that has operated continuously since 1954. Boulder City Hospital is a private, nonprofit 501(c)(3) charitable organization and the only rural hospital in Nevada not supported by tax dollars, or a corporate system, and counts on private donations to maintain our mission as stewards of the health and well-being of our community. Our 82-bed hospital provides prompt, personalized and compassionate care in the heart of historic Boulder City with easy access from 1-11, 1-215 and 1-515.

About-Us-Body1

Patient with providerBoulder City Hospital is a place of healing. Our priority is to provide a safe and equitable healthcare experience for all. As stewards of the health and wellbeing of our community, we are committed to providing compassionate, quality care for everyone. Our diverse, caring and accepting professional workforce is dedicated to delivering exceptional patient care.

providersBoulder City Hospital focuses on advancing the health equity of the communities we serve, embracing innovation and continually improving our care and service delivery through healing, acceptance and stewardship.

Responsible, diverse and dedicated stewards delivering equitable and sustainable healthcare for our community.

time-header

The Original

Boulder City Hospital opens. On November 15, 1931 The Six Companies, the group responsible for building Hoover Dam built the hospital for $20,000.

The Dam

was finished, and the Six Companies left Boulder City. The hospital was closed.

U.S. Public

Health Service reopened the hospital to care for war wounded.

The Bureau

of Reclamation took control of the hospital which continuously lost money.

With No

forewarning, the Bureau closed the hospital.

If Boulder City

wanted a hospital, it had to raise $15,000 in two weeks. The townspeople rallied and began a door-to-door fundraising campaign called ‘Save the Hospital’ on February 25, 1954.

The Fund

surpassed $15,000 and the hospital was turned over to citizen control on April 15, 1954.

The Boulder

City Hospital Auxiliary was formed by local women to help with hospital work and to raise money to finance operation of the hospital.

A New

Boulder City Hospital located on Adams Boulevard opened its doors on December 8, 1973.

The Hospital

underwent a major remodel. Working with the USDA Boulder City Hospital modernized and expanded more than 36,000 square feet of facility.

Boulder City

Primary Care, a Rural Health Clinic, opens it’s doors, adjacent to the hospital.

Solar

parking project is completed.

If Boulder City

wanted a hospital, it had to raise $15,000 in two weeks. The townspeople rallied and began a door-to-door fundraising campaign called ‘Save the Hospital’ on February 25, 1954.

Back To Top

Hi, How Can We Help You?